Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunday Gaming at Fortress 03/13/2011

Last March 13, 2011, I had a game at Fortress. i went up against a new player, John B (I wasn't able to catch the surname). He plays Retribution and I played my usual Venethrax list. John sent out his army for the first turn and I went and ran my McThralls and the rest of my army up. Second turn, my Pistol Wraiths tried plinking and killing some Sentinels and I moved up my army again.

Third turn, he shoots up a godawful lot of McThralls. However, he advances Ravyn and exposes her. My turn, I went with my Pistol Wraiths first killing some more Sentinels and using the second shot to shoot at Ravyn with boosted rolls. I then ran one of my Defilers forward and then Venny activated and arced Hellfire for the kill.

I was at an advantage since I went up against a newbie playing hsi first 35 point game. I did try to take it easy with him but the opportunity just presented itself and so i took it. Am sure with EJ, my army woulda been cleared by the third turn. :)

Good to see new players getting into the game. :)

No comments: