Monday, March 14, 2011

Gaming at Chico's 03/12/2011 Part 2 - Remember to Dismember!!!

Here's a summary of my game vs SJ last Saturday. I only had one game and went up against SJ's Grim Angus beast heavy Army. Our scenario was Sacrifice. Hard to explain here but it's a scenario created by Privateer Press. Suffice to say we needed to control points. I had won the dice roll and decided to go first.


I sent 2 squads of my Mechthralls to the right while Venethrax and his battlegroup and a squad of McThralls went left.


SJ sent his army against Venethrax' battlegroup.


Everything was mainly movement until turn 3 when both armies finally ground against each other.


I don't recall all the details but the more glaring one was Venethrax charging 3 beasts. I was able to kill 2 after which SJ assassinates Venny with his remaining 2 beasts. Good game. Then afterwards SJ reminded me that I should have been rolling an additional dice for Venny's Dismember ability. Had I remembered to do so, I should have been able to kill the 3 beasts and would most likely have survived the last beast. Well, after that snafu, for sure I won't be forgetting anymore. LoL!

I could only play one game that day as I had to go somewhere at 5 pm. All in all, a fun gaming day.

No comments: