Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 18, 2011 Games

Another Warmachine Hordes night on March 18, 2011. I had 3 games using Cryx. Lost 2 games and won 1. Changed my list up a bit by using 2 Seethers and 1 Defiler instead of only 1 Seether, 2 Defilers and 1 Stalker.

First game I went up against Taks' Kara Sloan. I got my head handed to me and learned that I should be more careful by blocking LoS to a ranged attack heavy army. kara basically pasted Venethrax with her weapon master rifle shots. Good lesson learned.

Second game I took on Kei's eCaine. He was winning this one but he made a mistake in a sequence of moves and so decided to concede the game. Had the sequence been correct, a Seether blocking LoS to Venny would have been removed from play and probably result in Venny being assassinated.

Last game I went up against Louie in a 15 point match. I tried a melee heavy 4 model army against a balanced Cygnar force and Stryker basically just earthquaked my Seethers and Venny and that ended the game. I should have decided to go for broke and cast Blood Rain on the Black 13th as well.

The tutelage of Venethrax continues.

No comments: