Monday, February 28, 2011

The Fallen Shall Rise Again

It's official.

I now am a follower of the Dragonfather. This morning my trade with Federico Lunaria went down. I got his Cryx in exchange for my Men O' War. Fed pitched a good offer for them, something which I simply couldn't walk away from. And while I am sad my MoW Army has passed into new ownership, I know they will be in good hands and I am excited to explore my new Army of Darkness.

Cryx is an army led by Toruk the Dragonfather. Most of the Warcasters, Solos and Units are Undead. There are still living models but they are few and far in between. The army bequeathed to me was formerly owned by Joel Tiongson and Edward "Emp" Fernando. most are painted so I don't need to paint or even repaint them since Undead don't really follow a color scheme.

I'll showcase the painted models in the next few posts. For the meantime, here are some of the models I got:

The Mechanithralls. One of the original Cryx units in Mark 1. They are still the brunt of the Cryx army in Mark 2. Cheap, numerous and hard hitting, they are a dangerous threat even with their low MAT. Only 12 are shown below but I still have one more unit and 2 models still in blister.



The Pistol Wraith. Incorporeal gunners moving around the battlefield looking for targets of opportunity, they are quite an effective distraction, able to hurt a couple of models per turn if nothing is done to address them. They were one of the most effective models in Mark 1 Cryx and they are still the same in Mark 2.



And now the piece de resistance. The Deathjack. Probably the most powerful jack in the game. Can generate its own focus. Can cull souls. Can self-repair. Can cast spells. Has high MAT for a heavy, high damage output, higher than normal Defense for a heavy and high armor. It's a one model wrecking crew. Woe to any target it sets its focus on. Even a Khadoran Behemoth can fall to its attacks. And it only costs 12 points to take in lists. It's crazy stuff. But some model's gotta be it.



The displayed models are all formerly from Joel Tiongson. Hope to take them out for a spin this week. I'll probably get my head handed to me but its going to be fun.

You fall. They rise.

No comments: