Saturday, April 3, 2010

Holy Week Games

Spent some time with Kim and Jeff yesterday and played some games. Got to Kim's place around 230pm and we tried o figure out AT-43. I had just recently purchased some Red Blok models so wanted to learn the rules and see if I like it. Rules are kinda convoluted but probably because we were noodling it out instead of having a knowledgeable player explain it to us. I borrowed Kim's manual so I can read it the next few days.

When Jeff arrived, we cleared the table of the AT-43 stuff and proceeded to play Warmachine. I played Skorne with my original Xerxis list. Jeff played using his new caster, Kara Sloan. Game scenario was Process of Elimination. I was facing a Cygnar gunline. Jeff went first so I had to play conservatively. I hid the bulk of my army behind a forest so I could be protected from his ranged units. During my second turn, I put Press Forward on Rhadeim and let him walk and then Jump to get into melee with two Chargers and did some damage. Then I ran the Cats onto his ranged units to prevent them from shooting as Xerxis and the rest of his army approached.

My Cats were doing their usual best tying up Jeff's lines. Two of them died in the game, one each consecutive turns. Rhadeim himself was dismounted by Jeff's Defender but did some serious damage in return. The final turn of the game, I popped Xerxis feat, the remaining Ferox cleared some Long Gunners which were in the way of Molik. Molik then charged, finished off the Defender, Sidestepped into a Long Gunner, Sidestepped again to get within range of Kara Sloan. One hit with a Furied, Weaponmaster, Xerxis-Feated caster and one dead enemy caster.

Second game, Kim went up against Jeff's Kara Sloan again because he wanted to try having a game against the new caster of Cygnar. Short version, Jeff overextended Kara and Kim was able to Gallows Kara into gun range and his Winterguard did the mini Death Star CRA shot and killed off Kara.

Afterwards went to eat at Hap Chang. Chinese Food to top off a nice afternoon of gaming.

No comments: