Thursday, April 22, 2010

AT-43 Red Blok Rising



I'm into another game. AT-43. It's a sci-fi game opposite of Warmachine Hordes which I am into. It's a mix of 40k and WMH with the rules. the pic above shows my Urod and Sierp, Armored Fighting Vehicles but more known as combat striders. Kim and I tried it out at his place during Holy Week. We found it a nice change.

We looked forward to meeting and playing with the AT-43 players at Tabletop Wars especially on the 9th of April which was another holiday. Unfortunately Kim couldn't go. That day, I had my second and third game of AT-43. I lost to Sandico who was teaching and correcting my misconceptions about the rules. Learned a lot from him. I then went up against Rita, lady friend Tagz. I eked out a win against her by going for the objective.

Last Saturday, I went to Sandico's house to pay for some of the stuff I got from him and we played two games. The first was against Karmans. Man that was bad. Killed off my Urod and I was missing my rocket attacks. After Urod blew, he killed Col. Odin and Manon, the twins leaders of my army.

Second game, I won by killing Sandico's Urod as he was playing Red Blok this time around. I killed it in the second turn and since that was the only weapon he had for reliably killing my heavy armor, he conceded the game.

Enjoying the game a lot and I just got my Dotch Yaga and second Sierp from Sandico last night. Good times. :D

Currently my army has the following models:
1. Urod with Col. Odin and Manon - my Commanders so to speak. Type 2 or ** vehicle.
2. Dotch Yaga - the biggest AFV Red Blok has. Type 3 or *** vehicle.
3. Sierps x2 - Recon Striders which can lower my opponents Leadership Points.
4. RPG Kolossal - Type 3 or *** Infantry unit. Think Terminators of 40k or Man O' Wars of WMH only these guys have rocket launchers for arms.
5. Dragomirov Kolossal - Type 3 or *** Infantry unit this time having rocket launchers for one arm and gauss cannon for the other.
6. Spetsnaz Kolossal - Type 3 or *** Infantry with flamers for arms.

Coming in the future:
1. Lt. Dragomira - Hero for the Dragomirov unit.
2. Lt. Fortuna - Mercenary who can drive any Type 2 or ** AFV.
3. Maybe, just maybe another Urod so I can use it as a Hetman for Lt. Fortuna.

As you can see, my army leans more towards the heavy side. There are other infantry units but I prefer the armored stuff. I'm always outnumbered but I keep my fingers crossed that I can weather the shots. Most of the time I don't. Hahaha! Anyway, I will post future results in the blog.

Good fight. Good night.

No comments: