Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Malice


Haven't posted in a while. Plain old laziness is my excuse. :D Anyway, here's something to maybe help get me going again. It's my model of Malice. I got the Reaper model from Edward "Emp" Fernando yesterday in exchange for my Stalker. Incomplete yet as I am missing the right arm of a Slayer and the harpoon arm's blade was broken. I will be ordering those from the parts store at Privateer Press soon. Also the shoulder spike on the left of the Reaper was lost as well so I added one of the soul's included in the Malice blister to replace it. Looks ok if I do say so myself.

Malice is one of the newer Cryx jacks. It can collect soul tokens which can actually add to the jack's armor. It has the usual Reaper harpoon and the ramspike of the Reaper was replaced with an open fist. It has other abilities as well but these are the ones that stand out for me. Surprisingly, it is not bonded to any Cryx caster unlike Torch and Triumph.

Like Torch, the Malice comes as a blister with the add-on and replacement parts only intended to be used with the plastic jacks. Personally I prefer my jacks in metal so as with Torch, I asked around for any Reapers available and it was great Emp had one he wasn't using. Originally he thought the arms and heads were pinned. Luckily it wasn't the case and the arms and heads were easily removed. With a little filing, I managed to position Malice's head and with some green stuff the souls. So now, it's only waiting for the arms.

Hope to order them soon so I can have a complete Malice on the table.

No comments: