Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gaming at Chico's 03/14/2011 Part 2


Here's a summary of my second game at Chico's yesterday. I went up against SJ who brought an Epic Madrak list with 2 units of Troll Champs, Skaldi and a solo backed up by an Axer and DTM. This is my 6th game with the same Cryx list.

I won first turn and ran my models up the table with Venethrax casting Lamentation. SJ runs his trolls forward as well.

Second turn, I put my first squad of Mechthralls in B2B with his Trolls basically tarpitting it and positioning my second and third wave at the ready. My Defilers also spray and hit some trolls with Corrosion and Venny also casts Blood Rain for more Corrosion. Skarlock casts Soul Harvester on the first wave of mcThralls.On SJ's turn, he cleared away a couple of McThralls and pops eMadraks feat, killing some more and eliminates the squad with Soul Harvester.

Next turn, Venethrax pops his own feat and manages to get 2 soul tokens. I manage to kill only a few trolls due to bad rolls and SJ making his Tough checks. SJ then on his turn kills majority of the McThralls on the table. SJ also manages to damage Venny with the Impaler slamming the Seether onto Venethrax.

Fourth turn I stand the Seether and Venny up and I still upkeep Lamentation and just move him to my right flank and kills Skaldi. McThralls kill some Trolls as well as Seethers giving me 3 soul tokens to use on my next turn. SJ then positions his Champs will killing a lot more McThralls and kills off the Seether and brings down Venny to 1 hit due to the Impaler hitting him.

Last turn, I just decide to go for broke and charged and killed the Impaler, Troll Champ solo but failed to kill 2 Troll Champs. I tried to block the way to Seether by running the Skarlock but there was still an opening enough for SJ to charge in with a +3 to Str buffed Madrak and finish off Venny.

On hindsight, I realized I should keep a couple of McThralls near my Necrosurgeon so I could keep bringing a few more back. I also think I forgot to get some more corpse tokens when the trolls died. Anyway, good lessons to be learned for future reference.

No comments: