Monday, March 14, 2011

Gaming at Chico's 03/14/2011 Part 1

Today I had a game again at Chico's. Played 2 games, one versus Chico and the other vs SJ. Here's a short summary on my game with Chico.

We played the No Man's Land Scenario where one had to contest a 6"x24" area on the center of the table. Chico won the roll to see who goes first. He moved his models up and the Behemoth shot at my Defiler. The first shot missed but the second deviated beautifully onto my Defiler and Stalker. The Defiler wasn't damaged much but the Stalker had its movement box crippled with the boosted bombard damage. My turn I just ran all my models up while Venny casts Lamentation.



On Chico's second turn, he moves his army up a bit more and the Behemoth shoots again. This time hurts Venny with boosted damage from a deviated shot. This time however, my McThralls are in range so I charged Drago and a Kodiak and my McThralls took an arm offa each.


Chico's third turn Karchev moves up and pops feat and kills some McThralls and the Behemoth manages to kill some McThralls via bombards and hurts a Defiler. Beast tries to go for an assassination run by Trampling towards Venny. Problem was he only had one focus on him and while the attack hit, Venny weathered the damage. Drago and the Kodiak killed some more mcThralls.

In my turn, I shot and Death Chilled Karchev. a McThrall squad charged and did some damage to Karchev. My Seether then went up to Beast and hit is and threw it to Karchev and managing to hit knocking them both down. Seether damaged Beast enough to destroy it via boosted 2 hand throw damage. Venethrax also went for a Hellfire shot for a few more damage.


Chico's fourth turn and I was afraid he would go for the bombards kill on a very wounded Venethrax. I had done a very stupid thing the previous turn by moving my Defiler out from the Behemoth's melee range resulting in a free strike killing it. I should have just kept the jack in and sent the Stalker to attack the Behemoth as well. He did some other things tho killing more mcThralls so I was spared. Karchev could not do much as he was Death Chilled and Knocked Down so he allocated focus to all his jacks. The Behemoth tried to kill the Skarlock but missed and did some damage to the Seether with its bombards.


My turn and I went with the Seether again. Attacked Karchev, did some damage and threw it towards Drago. I then charged in with Venethrax for the assassination.

Glad to see Chico is playing again and while he was rusty, he was starting to get the hang of the game again. Really hard to take down the jack heavy list and I should have been a goner with the Behemoth's bombards.

More lessons learned.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

YoBit lets you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 different crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as much as coins you want from the available offers.

After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

You can press CLAIM as much as 50 times per one captcha.

The coins will stored in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or any other currency you want.