Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble

I played my Witch Coven for the first time last Saturday. 35 point tier list using the following:

Witch Coven
Deathjack
Deathripper
Nightwretch
Skarlock
Darragh Wrathe
Pistol Wraith
Soul Hunters
Witch Coven

I initially had my first game vs Erickson Kwok's Menite army but we didn't finish it as he had to leave immediately as he had to go meet his girlfriend.

I thought it was going to be a no game night and was watching the match between Tiny and Kim when John Benares came in and so we had a small game. As noted it was 35 points and the scenario was Diversion, a radial mission with control points.

So we rolled off to see who goes first and he won the die rolls and he decided to let me go first. So after setting up our armies, we started the game. I basically moved my army forward with the Soul Hunters and Darragh handling the right flank and most of my army aiming towards the center of the table. I sent the Nightwretch to the left. Deathjack moved towards the middle of the table where there was a crater opting to get some cover protection and casts Occultation on the Soul Hunters. The Witch Coven casts Infernal Machine on it and camps the remaining focus.

John B allocated focus to his jacks. He then moved up his army, attacking my Nightwretch with his Mage Hunter Strike Force and doing serious damage.  He then ran one of his lights and arced a spell onto the Nightwretch further lowerig its efficiency. The walked up his Shield Wall units as well as his solo cav. Mage Hunter Assassin went in to attack the Nighwretch but misses. He also pops Kaelyssa's feat to prevent me from charging and gives his army Stealth.

Next turn, Witch Coven  upkeeps Infernal Machine for free via Withershadow Combine. My Soul Hunter ran towards the MHSF to stop them from shooting. DJ then is given Ghost Walk by the Skarlock and then moves his 8" towards the John B's light jack and proceeds to demolish it. The Witch Coven move up and then pop their own feat as well as arc Stygian Abyss onto the MHA and kills her. Withershadow follows them. Pistol Wraith runs closer to the action.

In JohnBs next turn, he kills one of the two remaining Soul Hunters. He CMAs the Soul Hunters but one survived on his rolling 4s while needing 5s. His archers tried shooting at Darragh and misses. More shots take out the Nightwretch. He also advanced the cav solo and the Shield Wall unit.

My turn I allocate 2 focus to the Deathjack who had gotten a Soul Token before from the destruction of the MHA. Darragh charges an MHA and kills it then Battle Wizard activates and kills another model. The remaining Soul Hunter activates and while Incorporeal charges Kaelyssa and misses forgetting he has a soul token. Pistol Wraith kills 2 MHSF models, clearing the way for the DJ. Skarlock casts Ghostly onto DJ and promptly charges Kaelyssa over some rough terrain. He reaches Kaelyssa and manages to kill her.

So my first usage of the Witch Coven turns into a win for the ladies with the ball. Hope you enjoyed the batrep.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

keep reading MHA as Monster Hunter Assassin. :P

Wolf said...

Hehehe!